Drinking water helps weight loss because burning calories require an intake of water for it to function effectively. When your body is dehydrated, it reduces the blood volume, which in turn reduces the oxygen that usually travels to the muscles, and because of this, we are left tired. When one consumes water, the body maintains muscle tones and assists the ability to contract. Drinking water also lubricates the joints. Therefore, hydrating the body helps reduce muscle and joint soreness during exercise.
Consuming water with one’s meal, the stomach will become fuller sooner. As the body becomes satisfied, the water prevents one from overeating. For the body to feel satiated, however, it needs bulk, calories, and nutrients in equal amounts. Also, if feeling hungry, it’s always a good idea to drink a little water first. This is to ensure that its hunger you’re feeling and not thirst.
Although the amount of fluids needed depends highly on body weight, physical activity plays a key factor too, as well as the temperature and humidity of the environment. By eating large amounts of liquid foods such as fruits and vegetables the body’s necessity of water will decrease.
Furthermore, consuming too much water could be potentially harmful to the body it is highly suggested to do so in moderation. The body will be the largest indicator if it is receiving enough water. This will be so if your urine becomes a pale yellow. If your urine is a darker color, you may consider drinking more liquid. However, the use of vitamin supplements and medications like antibiotics could alter the appearance of the urine.
Frequent bathroom visits, should not be happening, yet when in doubt that you are not visiting enough, drink a little more. Drinking cold water in the morning, as soon as you wake up, also helps with your metabolism. The body will have to work harder to attempt to warm up the water which will, in fact, speed up your metabolism to help burn off excess fat.
Your body will also get clogged with toxins, which by drinking water they can be flushed out of your system. Extreme exercise calls for large quantities of fluids, which will even prevent injuries.
How does Water help in Weight Loss?
- Kidneys don’t function properly if our water intake is inadequate and due to this reason some of their load is transferred to the liver. Liver which is responsible for using the stored fat as a source of energy for the body is not able to do its job properly because of the increased workload.
- A lot of harmful toxins pile up in our body during the process of weight loss. Drinking plenty of water on regular basis flushes those toxins out of our body and keeps us healthy.
- Sometimes, the initial weight loss is the water weight, and this fact increases the chances of our body getting dehydrated. Our body cannot metabolize fat properly in the dehydrated state.
- The latest research has revealed that drinking a glass of water before every meal can significantly increase the rate of weight loss. Moreover, drinking water before you eat suppresses your appetite and makes you eat less.
- Drinking cold water instead of water at room temperature can further speed up the weight loss process because our body has to burn calories to heat it up before that water can be used by different parts of the body.
- Keeping yourself hydrated throughout the day makes your organs function properly, and you become more energetic which makes everyday tasks much easier for you.
- Experts recommend that you drink at least eight glasses of water every day but increasing the intake to 10 or 12 glasses a day is even better if your goal is to lose weight. Moreover, drinking water also makes the brain function much more efficiently.
The green iced tea is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, which also boosts your metabolism. Sparkling drinking takes the place of plain water while quenching your thirst for your favorite soda. So, for people who are taking water for granted but wishes to see a quick weight loss confirmed by the scales, now is the time to take water seriously. Drink water after waking up in the morning and before sleeping at night. Drink water when you are thirsty and even when you are not. Drink water until you achieve the weight of your dreams.